Let's meet and discuss making Twiddle Muffs as a group and donating them to nursing homes for people with dementia.
Let's talk about how we would do this as a group, when and how often we would meet, and how we would get the finished product into the hands of someone who would genuinely need and want them.
Twiddle Muffs can be sewed, woven, crocheted, or knitted. This is a good activity for:
• using inexpensive materials, such as scrap yarns (Acrylic yarn is perfect!)
• beginners who have very basic knitting or crocheting skills
• those who can't/aren't interested in making one, but want to provide materials for us, want to volunteer to coordinate with facilities/deliveries, or to keep us company while we make them 🙂
Things I have learned so far:
• They need to be washable and durable.
• Using a lot of colors and textures is good for this project.
This is a joint PAMG-HSGP event.
Look for the Meetup sign at Panera Bread
This event will occur immediately following a Phoenix Atheists’ Meetup Group event at the same location from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., “West Valley Morning Breakfast Social”. You are welcome to attend that too—simply RSVP at https://www.meetup.com/phoenix-atheists/events/239789459/ or to firstname.lastname@example.org
7635 W Bell Road