TED Video and Interesting Topic Discussion Group
Hosted by Christina Hepler
Attendees who have topics present (5 minutes per presentation discussion lengths vary)
TED video (or any public domain video) is voted on for presentation order
Videos are watched and discussed in order as time permits
Ted Talks Discussion Guideline
• Try to offer something meaningful to the discussion. Avoid bringing in pet complaints, favorite topics, etc., unless they are directly relevant to the topic at hand.
• Wait your turn. Do not interrupt others. This includes side commentary.
• Respect time and need for all to contribute. Acknowledge and yield to group leader's cues to finish your statement.
• Respect all participants. Refrain from making disparaging remarks about other participants and the group leader during the discussion. Participants may be directed to leave if using disrespectful tones or statements.
• Racist, sexist or other forms of hate speech will not be tolerated. You will recieve one warning. After that, you will be asked to leave the meeting.
• Group leader reserves the right to determine what is appropriate, when boundaries have been crossed, etc.
• Group leader determines who gets to talk and for how long. Depending on group size and temperment, this may include formal time limits.
• If you believe a participant has gone off topic, you may signal this by knocking on the table.
Zoom Link: https://zoom.us/j/535462070?pwd=UGJBOXRYcTF2SXJMb01RNTdvM2Y2QT09
Mesa, AZ 85211